It's Mythical Reality.

Here, I'll take my feelings and emotions. My dreams and nightmares. Real life, imaginary life, and sleep life. Days in, days out. It may not make sense ,or, may be too simple for appreciation. The beautiful and the horrid, the clean, the nasty. Pointless ramblings and important lessons. This is my life in a never-ending story, documented for all to read.

Friday, May 13, 2011

Pearl of the Stars

The same sun
The same night sky
The same grass under our feet and the same rain beating down
Drives to work or late night rides
Midday phone calls and countless thoughts
Together yet so far apart

Only touching in dreams
Your fingers going through my hair and our bodies pressed close
Lost in an eternity that's only found while we sleep
But only if we could get lost together in these same made up stories

In some twisted way it seems like even the gods of slumber want to tear us apart

And what if you were close enough for me to touch?
Would you stand there and let me rub your cheek, or simply shy away?
Could I bring a smile to your face, or would it be a mere disappointment? 

All of these are amongst the thoughts I think when I imagine you next to me...
In the end all of these insecurities are worthless
Compared to my wanting to be with you.

It's like wanting to drink from the fountain of youth
One spends so long to find it, and once they do they're torn
Do I drink and enjoy immortality
Or do I grow old, ripen with age, and see my kids take over the tasks I used to do?

The fountain of youth is like you and me
We're separated by what is and what could be
Desperately wanting to drink, but afraid of the consequences

But in the end, what will we do?
Take the plunge together, stuck in immortality
Or walk away from the sparkling water, in recognition of its mystery and power?

It's a conundrum of the far away lover
In pain, because dreams show what one cannot have
Breaking down when eyes are open
For all you can think about is how it would be if the other was beside you

Years may pass by
Situations change

Like a sailor at sea, the tides will come and go
Perhaps ripping us to shreds in the process
But eventually we will reach the land that we are looking for

Even though destiny is deeply inclined to keep us apart
Coming up with her schemes time and time again,
The ship called fate will eventually bring us together

And the fountain of youth's ripples will settle
To show the only magical potion we ever needed.

Each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment