It's Mythical Reality.

Here, I'll take my feelings and emotions. My dreams and nightmares. Real life, imaginary life, and sleep life. Days in, days out. It may not make sense ,or, may be too simple for appreciation. The beautiful and the horrid, the clean, the nasty. Pointless ramblings and important lessons. This is my life in a never-ending story, documented for all to read.

Monday, May 9, 2011

Someone Like You


Walking down this road, with nothing but the shoes on my feet and clothes on my back
There's a light up ahead, then again it could be my imagiation
My feet get into a rhythm, carrying my body towards the flickering safety
But my mind and spirit are somewhere far, far away.

They're still wrapped up in those sleepless nights, eyes and thoughts heavy
Intermingled with someone's dreams, for there is no more dreaming at night
They're still walking beside you
Tugging at a hand that cannot be grasped and eyes that wont be caught again

And although my mind is straining and my spirit breaking
I will not be controlled.
Constrained in all of our memories and empty promises.
For when my soul is weak, my body is not. And it continues to carry me

When the light is reached, two people are reunited
It is not you and I, but the person I was with you, and the one I am without you.
Only at this moment, do I see myself being freed from your side.
I am now more then somebody's shadow

My spirit and mind, those weaknesses inside of me that were trying desperately for your approval
Are now past your high expectations and insecure waiting 
The part of me that could not accept a life without you, has overcome
In giving up on you, I have found myself again.


I look forward to eternity and realize I could never be with someone like you.
For in the end, I cannot simply stand in the darkness of my other half.
I need someone who will send for me by candlelight.
Relighting the flame again again, no matter how much time, fuel, or matches it may take. 





 







No comments:

Post a Comment