It's Mythical Reality.

Here, I'll take my feelings and emotions. My dreams and nightmares. Real life, imaginary life, and sleep life. Days in, days out. It may not make sense ,or, may be too simple for appreciation. The beautiful and the horrid, the clean, the nasty. Pointless ramblings and important lessons. This is my life in a never-ending story, documented for all to read.

Monday, December 12, 2011

Life's too short.

I've heard the saying "Life's to short" since I was old enough to start making my own decisions. Do this, do that, life's to short! A few months ago, someone told me they didn't understand this standard piece of advice. Why? Because 'life is the longest thing you'll ever do'.
Why hadn't anyone thought of this before? And if they had, why had everyone left me out of the loop?
I'll be 20 in two weeks, finally out of my teens years and past the age where I can make excuses for why I can't do something or why I don't chase dreams or aspirations. But really, how is anyone supposed to go off and chase ANYTHING these days? Everyone is barely trying to keep their heads above water, trying to find the good amongst the hard and bad.
Then you have the people who tell you to stop complaining. You don't have it that bad, someone has it worse then you, ect. ect. But while your in that moment, drowning from all the thoughts in your mind and all the pressures of that moment, you're not thinking about everyone else and how they have it bad. You're thinking about yourself and how you have it bad.
Bad things happen to good people. Millions die everyday, and millions are born. We rejoice in birth but push our planet to the brink. Work hard and you'll still get ripped off, by your present employer or later by social security. Millions of people spend their lives working 40+ hours a week and for what? To live a depressing life as an elderly person with loads of regrets and little experiences. Along with only a little bit of money.
I'm a positive person typically. I believe in bad people that can change and everything will eventually work itself out. That you have to hit rock bottom before you know how "good" you can have it. But, sometimes even the most positive person in the world has to say every once in awhile "there's things in my life that really fucking suck." Dwell on it awhile, then you move on.
So with my 20th birthday approaching and the beginning of the new year, I've decided to create the infamous "Bucket List." Might as well do something with myself, life is the longest thing I'm ever going to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment